Monday, August 21, 2006

Barcelona

My lovely sister Mel has spent the last couple of months travelling around Europe on busabout... what an excellent opportunity for me to visit....

I was greated in Barcelona by Mel outside the hostel on Thursday night with a glass of sangria. Mel and a Kiwi gal had expended the grand sum of EUR1.50 for a 750ml bottle of sangria...






Probably the most amazing building in Barcelona is this church that has been under construction for a couple of hundred years (OK i can't remember the actual amount of time, but it is really quite a while)



After taking some photos outside the chruch, I noticed this poster....
Looks like I will have to wait another 14 years or so before I can see it finished without the additional cranes... interestingly, even the postcards of the church included the cranes.... guess they've been there for a while






Spanish beer...
Spanish beach...


TAPAS!

More sangria at the hostel... a bargain at EUR4 for a mug....




Along with tapas, Mel and took advantage of a local festival that was on and had some good paella (apologies if I've misspelt that)




There is a feral pigeon place too in Barcelona, Mel and I had to duck and weave our way back to the hostel via this square





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Christina

No comments on this one so thought I would add one - and so you don't feel unloved! Good to read about your travels. Sounds like so much fun!

Other than that, all I must say is ...

GO THE SWANNIES!

Luv Jo

Anonymous said...

Wahhhhh, am jealous!

Love the pics

Vegie xoxo

Anonymous said...

Wahhh, am jealous!

Love the pics,

Vegie xoxo