Tuesday, December 26, 2006

My London Christmas!

Christmas started for me as soon as I got off the plane from NY (yep... blog for that will happen soon hopefully). On Sunday 17 December, we had a mince pie and mulled wine party at my place!

So for the first time ever, I got to make mulled wine, with plenty of help from Alix and Michelle as you can see below.

We got to eat super delicious mince pies from Konditor and Cook... highly recommended! We had some left over, so for the rest of the week, Ali, Greg and I were eating mince pies as we got home from work. They were sooooo good.

For those who don't know what a mince pie is, it is not a mince meat pie. It is rather like a small fruit pie (i.e. the fruit is minced together i suppose??)

The Tuesday night before Christmas we had our work Christmas party in Canary Warf. We had lamb for the main which was pretty good (though they were cooking for over 1000 people I think)
Work gave us half a day off on the Friday before Christmas, so I also took the other half as annual leave and therefore had a massive five days off in a row!!!

So Friday was spent at Sainsbury's doing lots of food shopping... then dragging my granny trolley back to the flat and up the three flights of stairs (yep, no dad to give me a lift over here)

The Saturday before Christmas I spent with Brenda and Jean, a couple of ladies from my church, at Royal Albert Hall singing carols and listening to the choir and orchestra, so I was now totally in the Christmas mood.

Sunday I went to a family carols service in the afternoon at church with more carols (and I tell you they sing ones over here I've never heard!), then Michelle and Elisa (Michelle's friend from Sydney who is travelling at the moment) arrived and we went to the midnight service at St Lukes.

This is Schelle and I on Christmas eve...
This is the makeshift emergency Christmas tree I put together on Christmas eve... Present time... Schelle with a book that will explain why the sale assistants in the shops never offer to help (It's called Watching the English)
Elisa, me and Schelle with our presents... I got lots of socks!
Cooking time... Schelle making bread
Getting the roast ready
The roast is done... we even made our own stuffing!

We had an excellent Christmas... clearly ate alot and watched We Can be Heros all the way through... Physics really is Phun DONKEY!!





No comments: